Monday 7 October 2013

Bat For Lashes How I Live Now


I'm not sure about actually going to see the new movie 'How I Live Now'. It looks like one to watch at home rather than at the cinema. There's a little too much isolation in the countryside vibe to make it a must-see. I do however like the soundtrack colloboration by Natasha Khan aka Bat For Lashes and Jon Hopkins.
I especially love her first two albums Fur and Gold and Two Suns.


Here's 'Garden's Heart' from the movie. Like the vocals.

Natasha is 33 and from London. Her style is indie music with a quirky instrumentalist twist.

An eclectic dress sense and theatrical side enriches her live shows.
from neonllights5 tumblr

My favourite song of hers is 'Daniel' about the Karate Kid!



Most of her songs tell a story and have a folk music influence too. Not like Mumford and Sons though! Put your banjo away!
Way Out West festival
karencanales.se/
Love her cosmic style make-up.






Give 'What's A Girl To Do' a spin.

Finally
Peacocks got it down when it comes to making an impact!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I LA-LA LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Bat For Lashes! Natasha Khan is FIT. Love her sense of style and her music is just so opulent. Have you heard of School of Seven Bells? they kinda remind me BFL.

    Lima

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha needs to lose that bob! Looks better with longer hair. I just checked Seven Bells out and like Half Asleep. They remind me of Sleigh Bells but easier on the ears! xx

      Delete